How much i learned graphic design in 10 days?
How to design a word visually reflecting its meaning… For example, get fire fumes in FIRE, melting ice format in MELT, 3 Dimensional design for 3D, turn the letters LOUD into sound waves in front of volume symbol to symbolize the word LOUD, and ofcourse use all known apparatus or symbols you remember in physics to get the feel of word PHYSICS.
A Good Design: One that have good quality, and also communicates well.
Elements of Design:
Space, Point, Line, Dynamics,Shape,Form and Space, Tone, Shadow, Texture, colour .
- Screens do have pixels in squares, whereas in print pixels are in circular shape.
- Top most left point is the starting point for any screen.
- Tone is mixture of tint and shade. (Tint:adding a white colour to a single colour. Shade: adding black to a colour.)
- Shadows are of two types: drop and cast. Drop shadow is a 2D shadow. 0 to +/-180. Cast shadow is 3D shadow. (there is no automatic tool to plot cast shadow, it should be manually done according the lightning conditions by designer.)
- Texture can be of tactile(touch) or visual.
- RGB: Red Green Blue (colours seen on screen)
- CMYK: Cyan Magneta Yellow Black ( colours seen on print)
Classification of colours: Primary, Secondary, Tertiary
Achromatic: 0% to 100% of black colour
Mono Chromatic: Tints of a Colour
Polychromatic: More than single colour
Analogous: Colours adjacent to a colour
Complimentary: Opposite colours
Warm and Cool:
By holding Ctrl+Shift+Alt and then opening the Adobe Photoshop alters the preferences to default settings.
Work Area is divided into Sections.
(options available for each tool that is under selection)
|Panels(A variety of panels exist in Window menu according to work space that is under selection)|
- Shift +Tool Shortcut / Alt + Click on tool >>>> Toggles between tools
- Ctrl + >>>> Zoom in
- Ctrl – >>>> Zoom out
- Z >>>> Selected (Hand) Zoom
- SPACEBAR + Left Click >>>> Navigate Across
- Ctrl+Alt+0 (zero)>>>> Actual Size
- Ctrl+0 >>>> Fit Screen
- F >>>> Toggles between Standard/Full screen with menu/ Full screen Without Menu
- Tab >>>> Enables/disables Tools and Panels
- Shift+Tab >>>> Enables Panels
- Tab+Shift+Tab >>>> Enables Tools
- Ctrl +C >>>> to copy; Ctrl+V>>>> to Paste; Ctrl+J to copy and paste in a new layer
- Shift+Ctrl+N >>>>create a New layer
- Hold SPACEBAR to move a selection before ending the selection
- Hold Shift + Ctrl to constrain X and Y Axes of a selection
- Hold Shift + Alt to start selection from Center
- Alt+ BACKSPACE >>>> Fills Foreground colour
- Ctrl +BACKSPACE >>>> Fills Background colour
- Shift+F5 >>>> Fill a colour / Go to Edit> Fill
- Hold Shift to add selections
- Hold Alt to subtract selections
- Hold Shift+Alt to Intersect selections
- Ctrl+D >>>> to Deselect
- Ctrl+shift+i >>>> inverse selection
- [/]>>>> decreases/increases the size of brush in quick selection
- Ctrl +T >>>> Free transform
- Hold Shift+Alt to scale the transform
- Ctrl+Alt+G >>>> Clipping Mask
- Ctrl +R >>>> show/hide Rules
- Ctrl + ; >>>> show/hide Guides
- Alt+transform >>>> transforms parallel sides equally
- Ctrl+G >>>> Group layers
- Shift+Ctrl+G >>>> Ungroup Layers
- Alt + down arrow >>>> copy a layer
- Shift+ Up /Down Arrow >>>> 5 Pixel movement for a selection